Tiny IRs is a collection of impulse responses from small devices. Microphones and speakers were sampled from various devices. Want your audio to sound like it’s coming from a cellphone… tablet… laptop… earbuds… action camera? All you need is any plugin that accepts deconvolved impulse responses and this library and you’re set!
There are plenty of convolution/impulse response plugins out there. Many are free! Some of our favorites:
- Convology XT – Impulse Record – Free
- MConvolutionEZ – Melda Production – Free
- Fog Convolver – AudioThing – Paid
Use Tiny IRs to replicate the sounds of all kinds of small devices, or mangle something up for sound design projects!
Tiny IRs is a free(ish) library. What does that mean?
Every year (around December 25th), Collected Transients releases a free sound effects library. The catch? It’s only available for free to the public for a very limited time. After that, there are two ways to grab them:
- Purchase any regular (not free-ish) Collected Transients library. Following purchase, you’ll be sent a unique coupon code to get all the free(ish) libraries at no additional cost!
- Pay a small fee. After the free period, each library is available to the public for a small fee.